South African Police Service
 
 
Missing Kids In South Africa
 
 
 



IDKID is a subsidiary of Alcatraz Consultants cc which is a company specializing in comprehensive personal safety training and security consultation in the corporate market.

IDKID was established by Deon Smit and Silda Ireland after studying statistics on missing children worldwide.

The statistics on missing children are shocking. According to the National Center for Missing and exploited Children (USA) 800 000 children younger than 18 years are missing each year. Of these 200 000 are abducted by family members.

Between 1500 and 1700 children are reported missing in South Africa every year. This means that a child goes missing every six hours in our country. The SAPS have a very good success rate recovering 80% of missing children within the first week. Unfortunately this still leaves 20% of children that are never found.

IDKID has shown phenomenal growth by offering professional service and a quality product. We now have franchises in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Eastern Cape, Western Cape, North West, Limpopo and Free State.

Our company is driven by the slogan:
     “Your safety is our concern”

IDKID has a highly skilled and experienced staff. Our Managing Director has a National Diploma in Policing with 20 years experience in the SAPS of which 18 was as a detective. He was the commander of Edenvale SAPS Detective Unit and left the SAPS as a captain.